Forget about finding Mr. Right. What makes most women happy is staying slim. According to research, weight greatly affects a woman’s spirit and outlook in life. Those women who are on the heavier side of the scale would often feel miserable and down – while being slim will make them more confident and satisfied. Thus, we can understand why a lot of plus-sized women would look for workouts for overweight women. For them, workouts for overweight beginners will be their best chances in achieving a slim body.
Going through an overweight workout plan in order to lose weight, will be difficult but is necessary in order achieve healthier and slimmer body. However, workout routine for overweight female might have some routines and moves that are too painful or difficult to those that carry extra weight. Good thing, there are small steps that will lead to effective weight loss.
Before proceeding with any workout plans for overweight beginners, consider your overall health and safety first. Working out to slim down is important but it should be done without injuring or hurting yourself. If you have never exercised, then see your physician first. Make sure you have no medical condition that would negatively affect your overweight workout routine plan. Ask your physician for anything you can or cannot do.
After receiving thumbs up from your physician, then check out the internet for any suitable workout routines for overweight beginners. You can follow those plans or learn from them in order to create an overweight workout routine that is suitable to you.
Where to Workout?
After getting thumbs up from your physician and educating yourself on exactly how your beginner workout for overweight women should proceed, then you should tackle other important matters. You have to figure out where to start working out.
- Gym – If you are inexperienced, then joining a gym for slim down would be a suitable choice. It can be intimidating but it would be beneficial, particularly since there are personal trainers and experienced gym goers that could help. You also have access to various workout machines and classes that would be useful for effective workouts for overweight people.
If you are terrified to go to the gym, why not rope in a friend and go together. You will feel more motivated to workout. It would even be better if you have the same goals. You can have a friendly competition and see who could lose more weight with their overweight workout plan.
- Home – Another option to do your workouts for overweight is to do it at home. Working out at home is far more convenient and comfortable than the gym. However, it doesn’t have what a gym can offer (equipment, classes and trainers). That’s why it is a bit tricky to lose weight at home and stick to your overweight gym workout plans.
For plus-sized women, finding the right get-up for overweight beginner workout doesn’t have to be difficult. Just wear clothes that you are comfortable with. Don’t forget to wear proper shoes when doing your workouts for overweight. The shoes have to be comfortable and provide sufficient support when working out.
The Right Exercise
Gym workout for overweight female has to include low-impact exercises. Low-impact overweight gym workout put minimal pressure on joints – preventing the chances of injury. Furthermore, it minimizes the stress involved in working out. Take care of yourself and follow this best workout for overweight women.
- Squats – Squat exercises are among the best workout for overweight female because they use the largest muscle groups in the body and it is the base exercise for various compound exercises like squat with rows, squat with should press, barbell squats and other great overweight workout routine.
With squats, your feet have to be shoulder-width apart. The chest must be kept high. Put the weight on the heels. Bend the knees and drop the hips like you are sitting. Try to reach a 90 degree bend on your knees before standing upright. If it is impossible, try pressing a stability ball between the wall and your lower back. It will help support your weight when doing squats.
- Medicine Ball Slam – Explosive movements will help blast away fat, but since you need to avoid impact, you need an alternative for you to stick to your overweight workout routine. Medicine ball slams will put explosiveness in your start up workout plan for overweight It will increase your heart rate while reduce stress.
Grab the medicine ball and raise it above your head then slam it hard to the ground using your entire body weight. Pick up the ball and repeat the process.
- Wall Push-ups – Push-ups are effective ways to lose weight but not suitable for your workout plan for overweight because it stresses your joints, particularly the shoulders, elbows and wrists. But wall push-ups are different. It is suitable for your overweight gym workout because it works out your body without putting a lot of stress on your joints.
Find a wall, extend your arms and place your hands on it. Take a step back and push your body slowly. Push until your face would almost touch the wall and then return to your starting position.
- Cardio – Cardio workouts are the best workout for overweight beginners. These exercises increase heart rate and keep metabolism high, which will help shed excess fat and sculpt your body. Low-impact cardio exercises like walking, boxing, light jogging, zumba, light aerobics and swimming are perfect for your overweight workout plan, especially when starting out. Once you start losing weight, then move to higher-impact cardio such as running, sprinting, skipping ropes, treadmill workouts for overweight beginners and combat aerobics.